Thursday 1 May 2008

The plan so far


Im afraid this isnt a good image but its an attempt to show what I intend to make. The table Ive been working at will become a workshop to produce animal bins. Im going to try to suggest through map locations and pictures that these crafted bins will either replace or are already in place at the map locations. I wanted it to look like wood had been chewed then compacted to create a bin, bringing into question whether it had been made by an animal or a human. I talked to Cliff, the wood workshop technician about carving the bottom portion of bin from a single piece of wood. He very nicely told me some bad news.


Not only would this be very expensive but it would take me at least 2 months to carve. So I decided to use another material that I could insert wood into to give the effect that the second material is coating built up wood chips.

No comments: