Thursday 24 April 2008

Animal terrorism

Today started badly. Still recovering from illness I attempted to press on by gnawing at a piece of wood. I amassed a series of wood splinters at the cost of a lot of effort and a little pain. The hopelessness of using such a small pile of splinters to make something became a spiral into a mild kind of despair. So I did what any mildly despairing person does and went to get lunch. After lunch were tutorials in which my tutor Ken and two fellow students (Stephen and Sinead) discussed my ideas and what I had already. Their insights were so invaluable that I have now formed the majority of an idea for a final piece. Ill try to explain more in further posts but for now I hope it will suffice that I plan on creating a kind of animal terrorist cell. There will be gnawed wood, plans on the wall, crudely crafted tools and partially built novelty bins. At this point Im relying pretty heavily on humour and slightly on a more genuine suspicion of malintent created by a less humourous attention to detail. Itll be interesting to see if I can pull it off sucessfully. I also think some suspicion can come from the fact that there wont be an animal at the work station, leaving the possibility that its actually a humans work station. Again, this might be hard to strike a balance with. Images will be following shortly.

No comments: