Tuesday 22 April 2008

Phineas


Before Easter my friend asked me to help him to create a book as part of his coursework. My job was to create a book cover based on the phrase '2568: the repeat of civilization'. I was looking at all sorts of things to do with telling the future and eyes being a distraction to seeing the future since they always see the present. I was looking at the mythological figure of Phineas, who was gifted with being able to see the future. During this time I happened across an image which, I cant explain why, but it seemed to be just what I was looking for. There is a page dedicated to explaining the phenomena that caused this foetus, but I warn you that its not for the faint of heart. Personally though, I think its got a delicate kind of beauty to it, particularly the x-ray. Im including it here because I think it ties together the x-rays and the photos I took at the anatomy museum.

No comments: