Tuesday 22 April 2008

Something from nothing


Ive been thinking about giving myself animalistic challenges (try to make fire from whats in the room, use whats in the room to try to reach the roof). I considered that in past projects I have at times done things the hard way out of laziness for fetching the right tools. I think this could be a good approach to make work, to start with nothing and have to make something using just my hands, though I can use my hands to make tools that make it easier. Also, how would I use the wood? Would I be sticking it together? What would I stick it together with? Maybe spit would work, which is perhaps also very animalistic; Birds and wasps use spit to make nests. This got me thinking of Tenico Lemos Auad, who made creatures using nothing but carpet fluff in the 2004 becks futures show.

No comments: